Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A.D.Day In The Life

Where do you start with these types of things?  I never know how to start talking about myself correctly, or if there’s even a way to do so or if it’s even appropriate to do so.  Well, appropriate or not, here I am starting the “talk” about the blender of things swirling around in my head.  It’s kinda’ like the, “Will It Blend” guy on Youtube.  When he takes the random, usually expensive, and rather heart breaking to watch, items and throws them in his industrial super amazing blender from hell and hits “frappe”.  When that thing kicks in gear things turn to complete and total smoky, chaos, ending with a, “don’t breathe that”.

I have A.D.D.
There, I said it.  I have what most people consider a childhood squirrel chasing disorder that makes remembering things, completing tasks, and sometimes focusing on conversation difficult.  Try to picture yourself playing Super Mario on 25 different T.V. screens, all at the same time, all on that stupid water level that nobody can actually beat, and suddenly someone starts changing the channel on the T.V. sets.  Now you still have to complete all your other Mario games, but Wheel of Fortune is on!  Oh!  And is that Ducktales!?  Dang, you drank a lot of water, you should go to the bathroom, but don’t forget to change the dog, and walk the banana before you... Aaaaaaaaand turtle shell. Queue the iconic game over music.

I guess this may be more of a vent for little ol’ Zach here.  Maybe I just needed to spit out some of the jumble in my head in order to start moving towards some semblance of clarity.  Or maybe there’s someone else reading this that knows exactly what I’m talking about.  Well friend, you aren’t alone and you’re not damaged goods, as I’m sure, just as I have, you’ve felt so often.  You were created for great things and are destined to grow and conquer this wall.  Because, let’s be honest... A.D.D.? 
Aint’ nobody got time for that!

I’m beginning to step in to a new season of life, where I’m targeting the things that I have not dealt with for 20+ years!  Things that have sunk in so deep, it’s going to hurt pulling them out.  But I’m committed to growing and weeding out those things that kill my ability to be the man I know I’m destined to be.  The seeds that have become thorny bushes will no longer dictate how my life goes.
Stick a fork in me… I’m done.

No comments:

Post a Comment